Thursday, February 25, 2010

"I wanna see Jesus"


Oh wow I love this boy! Right now his favorite thing is silly talk. The sillier the better. Coco head is among his favorite words (I have heard it is among some of his friends favorite words too). I'm not really sure where it came from except now that I think of it...it came along shortly after we started serious discipline for potty talk. At any rate...he says it a lot. As a matter of fact, last night he was having a really hard time going to bed and in the midst of a discipline issue he needed to tell me he was sorry and ask me to forgive him. He refused several times and finally with tears in his eyes said "the only thing I can say is coco head". Again, now that I think more about this I might need to get on top of this coco head thing.

Yesterday as we were driving to 'Bible school' (BSF or Bible Study Fellowship) Gunner and I had the most amazing conversation. He was fairly emotional while we were talking. It started out about wanting to know where God was. Then it transformed into the most beautiful words I have ever heard come out of his mouth. "Mommy I want to go to heaven." I said "Oh Gunner, I do too." Before I could say anything else Gunner said "I wanna see Jesus." The tears started flowing and I could hardly speak. Seriously what a precious boy! He then went on to talk about how God is Jesus' Father and wanted to know who Jesus' mommy was. He decided that there must be toys in heaven since Jesus was a son. In the parking lot we saw Gunner's preschool teacher and told her about wanting to see Jesus, Gunner added that he wanted to see what color clothes he wore. Gunner is confident that Jesus is dressed in Orange! That should make all my OSU friends and family happy;]

Gunner, Mommy and Daddy love you more than words can express. Our prayer is that you will see Jesus someday. We pray that you grow to have a personal relationship with him. We pray that you will learn that as YOU studied in Bible school today "Apart from Jesus you can do nothing." (John 15:5).


1 comment:

Giles Family said...

Precious!!! I love his heart and the way his mind contemplates spiritual things.

I keep meaning to tell you that Hannah has been singing "Holy Spirit teach us how to pray" all week. Thanks for being in her room and helping to teach her last Wed!