Friday, January 22, 2010

Follow up email to my Girlfriends about the D&C

We had the D&C January 11th. When I went in I still had no physical signs of the miscarriage but had double confirmation that the pregnancy had ended. I was thankful that the Lord gave me such a peace about the D&C and that I had not started having a natural miscarriage. Another detail he faithfully took care of.

My sweet friends had sent me flowers the week I found out about the miscarriage and they were BEAUTIFUL the day of my surgery. I'm posting the email I sent to my friends the day of the surgery--the first part is pretty boring and factual. The good stuff is at the bottom. God spoke clearly and gave me great scripture that day!



Attached is a picture of my beautiful view. Thank you to each one of you for being so sweet to me and sending flowers. They are beautiful today!

What a day! It started early with a 6:45 check in. The kids ended up spending the night with my parents last night so my mom wouldn't have to come in so early. It ended up being really nice not having the kids to worry about waking up while we were trying to get out the door.

I was doing fine until I saw Dr Daily. Then I had a complete break down and could hardly stop the tears once they started flowing. Even thinking about it now brings back those tears. Dr. Daily and I a connection that is hard to explain. We have had many tough conversations and I have always appreciated her tenderness and her reliance on faith. She has not been ashamed to speak of her faith and encourage me in that in the worst of situations. She seems to be able to read me like a book and respond to my needs without me even speaking at times. She ordered some meds to calm my nerves as I waited to go to the operating room.

I have only one memory of the operating room. Just the sweet faces of Dr Daily and the nurses telling me everything except the temperature in the OR revolved around me. They would take good care of me and have me in recovery soon.

I don't know how long the operation and recovery lasted but I was home by noon and resting comfortably. I have taken pain meds twice but it was more to stay on top of the pain than actual pain. Tomorrow I will be more conservative with the pain meds.

When I came home I had some relatively heavy bleeding but since that 1st pad change it has been more like spotting. Praise the Lord!

The kids are at my parents again tonight and I will be staying out there until probably Friday. I'm not sure about when Ed comes home. I think its Thursday but usually that means 11pm. I am restricted to picking up 10 pounds or less for the next 3 days so Thursday would be the earliest I can pick up Rylee. Its possible I will be up for it and be able to be home Thursday night but I'm playing that by ear.

At this point I'm planning on the kids going to preschool tomorrow and I plan to spend at least a couple of hours working.

God has given me some cool verses today I thought I would share with you guys.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
16Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Philippians 1:12, 19-20
12Now I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel.

Yes, and I will continue to rejoice, 19for I know that through your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance.[a] 20I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.

I love verse 19 because it speaks of each of you. Through your prayers and the help of the Holy Spirit what has happened will turn out for my deliverance! This is not meant for my bondage but for my deliverance.

The other verse I have been pondering a lot the past couple of weeks is Isaiah 57:1
1 Good people pass away;
the godly often die before their time.
But no one seems to care or wonder why.
No one seems to understand
that God is protecting them from the evil to come.

In many ways this speaks to me specifically dealing with miscarriage because it is so often not really acknowledged or spoken of. But it is hope to me that God has protected my baby from the evil to come. I believe this child is in heaven without having to experience all the hurt of this world. Praise God!

OK girls, I am going for now. I will be talking to you this week.

Kathy

1 comment:

The Doula said...

Kathy,

You emailed me a few months ago, after Rebekah let you know that I was working on a website. Well, it's up and running!

I wanted you to also know that I added your story. Thank you for being willing to bless so many mothers with your experience.
http://stillbirthday.com/2011/08/16/gods-protection/

Thank you again, Kathy. (:

Blessings,
Heidi