Friday, January 22, 2010

The D&C was scheduled

A week after we saw the ultrasound with an empty gestational sac I still had no physical signs of a miscarriage. It was a tough decision to make but after talking with my Dr and much prayer I decided to move forward with a D&C. From the time I scheduled the D&C I still had 5 days to wait before the actual procedure but I prayed each day that the Lord would allow me to have the D&C since he had given me such a peace about that decision. Below is the email I sent to my dear friends who had been praying for me faithfully even before we received our news.



Girls I am so tired I don't know that I will even finish this email but I want to let each of you know I am scheduled to have a D&C Monday at 8:45 am.

My Dr's office called today and said my hormone levels have dropped since they did blood work early on in the pregnancy. For me that is the secondary confirmation that indeed there is no baby (not that I was questioning it but when considering the D&C that is relevant).

My Dr said the D&C will actually be less painful and the recovery will be much quicker (3-4 day although I read on the Internet it could be 2 weeks of bleeding). With the natural miscarriage there is pretty intense pain and I could bleed for 4 weeks (that is what I did with the 1st miscarriage).

I am at complete peace with my decision and it will be nice to get to move forward with the grief and healing that is so difficult to do with no physical closure.

I still have not started spotting. As long as I have not started heavy bleeding they will proceed with the procedure Monday morning. If I start to bleed (more that spotting) they won't do the D&C. So please pray that I won't start bleeding prior to the surgery. Pray for God's mercy in this detail of this miscarriage. I trust the Lord in this. I know he has a plan and while I feel at peace and have prayed for his wisdom and direction I realize that my desire to this may not be his desire for the process. But I am asking his mercy in this area.

We are planning on keeping the kids at our house Sunday night and my mom will meet us at the house when we leave, let the kids sleep in and then take them to her house. I'm kind of guessing the kids will spend the night Monday night at my parents but that hasn't been determined. I don't know if I will work Tuesday but I'm planning on the kids going to preschool so I should have them covered for Monday and Tuesday. I hope the recovery will be 24 hours as far as being able to take care of the kids.

Love each of you! And a huge thank you for my flowers! They are beautiful and brightened my day!
Kathy

1 comment:

bristle family said...

Kathy, I just want you to know that I continue to think about you and pray for you everyday. I am so glad that you and the other girls got to come over when Ryan was out of town. I am so glad we got the chance to talk things through. Always remember that you are not alone and I am always here whenever you need to talk about anything! I love you so much,
Michelle