Wednesday, February 18, 2009

MRI Results and the next step on this journey

Well I had meant to update this much sooner but life has not given me the chance to sit down at the computer for more than a few minutes with both hands available. You see generally when I am on facebook or blog stalking I am feeding Rylee so I only have one arm/hand available OR I'm on my phone and haven't figured out how to post to my blog--I'm sure it can be done but that will come at a later date.

Rylee's MRI was Feb 9th. Dr Raley finally called us on Thursday. He called our home phone so he had the pleasure of talking to Gunner on the phone! We only have our home phone for 911 and our alarm system and rarely get calls we want to take SO we let Gunner answer the home phone and talk to the sales men/women. They usually hang up pretty quick.

I was feeding Rylee and could hear Gunner's side of the conversation and figured out pretty quick that this person was not going to hang up so I told Gunner to get his Daddy. When Ed answered he started chuckling--it was Dr Raley the perfect person to chat with Gunner on the phone.

The MRI came back NORMAL! Praise the Lord! It was so normal that the radiologist asked Dr Raley why the MRI was ordered. So what does that mean? Well her arteries and veins are totally normal in her arm so there is no concern with her heart. Did I say Praise the Lord? We are now looking at a genetic abnormality meaning that for some reason her arm developed differently. We will go see a geneticist in a couple of weeks and try to get answers on how it will continue to grow and what impact it might have on her ability to use the arm long term.

As of now she is using the arm and grasping things with her hand so it seems her mobility and use won't be affected.

God is good. He has his hand on Rylee and we continue to trust in him.

Here's a picture of our sweet girl in her hospital gown. She's playing with her toys not having a clue what momma and daddy are getting ready to put her through. I'm glad she won't remember this day.

No comments: