Thursday, January 29, 2009

Rylee's Arm (rewind...)


I'm feeling bad because a couple of you had no idea there was something wrong with Rylee's arm. So here is the original email I sent out (keep in mind some things have changed since this I sent the email). I am also including a picture so you can see the difference. We have our MRI scheduled for Feb 9th. We will know more then.


I'm sure some of you know there is a problem with Rylee's left forearm. I wanted to try to explain what I can. We don't know much except she has an AV malformation in her forearm. Basically her arteries and her veins did not form correctly. To know the extent of the damage we will have to do an MRI which will require her to be put to sleep. Not really sure how soon we will do that. We will probably end up going to Little Rock for testing and treatment. If you look up AV malformation on the Internet it is scary so I'm limiting my 'research' time. Most of what you find talks about the malformation being in the brain which is far more serious. Her left arm and hand are visible larger than her right. As I understand it, depending on the treatment, this is something that will be visible her entire life.Please pray for us. We will have a lot of tough decision to make in the months to come. Pray also for Rylee's health and healing.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Thank you for your sweet reply on my blog today, and your intimate understanding of my reservation. I'm sorry about Rylee's arm, and will pray for her. (I love the spelling of her name, by the way!) Anxiously awaiting that good report...