Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's cruddy outside and inside

Today I woke up with a dizzy headache. The room was spinning even when I was laying down. And when I tried to get up I would just stumble like a drunk. Ed went to work with me in bed, Rylee in her bed and Gunner downstairs watching TV. When Rylee woke up I had to get out of bed (I was thinking I would be better by then but no such luck). I stumbled to her room and down the stairs and took my place in my 'facebook chair' as Ed refers to it. Started to try to feed Rylee and about fell out of the chair when I looked down at her. It put a strain on my neck I could hardly bear. I decided I felt bad enough to have Ed take me to Dr Newcomb (my chiropractor). I have had a couple of spells like this, Dr Newcomb said this was as bad as my first which was really bad. That time I felt terrible for about a week. (Some of you may remember me emailing you asking for you to pray for me. I thought for sure I had a brain tumor and was dying!) I am praying it doesn't last that long this time.

So here I sit making this entry to my blog wondering what do mom's do when they are sick or out of commission? Generally I have my mom come take care of me and the kids but she is iced in at some friends house about an hour away so she can't come to my rescue. Poor Gunner doesn't understand when mommy feel bad but he has done pretty good today...lots of TV time!

Let me just say if I ever offer to help you out with your kids when you are sick I really really mean it (Michelle Clark). Appreciate your prayers for quick healing.

2 comments:

Giles Family said...

Kathy I love you! I'm so glad that the chiropractor was able to pop your ear - who knew that was even possible! I hope you start feeling much better soon...

Michelle said...

You sweetie! I am finally reading your blog since I have not had the address at easy access. Thanks for thinking of me while you were in serious pain!!! Glad you are all better!