Friday, January 23, 2009

Ed's Cheezy 37th Birthday!

So if you were at dinner at the church on Wednesday night you got to witness me and my cheesiness. Ed's birthday was Wednesday and Gunner was into it! When Gunner woke up Wednesday morning he wanted to yell 'surprise' when he saw Ed. He was telling me he would count one, two, three and then say surprise. I kept trying to get him to whisper while he was telling me his plan but getting Gunner to whisper is, well, impossible (any pointers on teaching a 3 year old to whisper is much appreciated). Anyway he yelled 'surprise' just as he had planned and of course Ed got a kick out of it.
Ed went to work and the fun began. Rylee decided to sleep in so Gunner and I made Ed a strawberry cake--his favorite. Gunner had a ball and as usual was thrilled to be doing something special for his daddy. Next was our trip to Target to get candles and a present. We secured the candles, Toy Story and a Wii Fit. The excitement was building and Gunner could hardly wait until he could give Ed his cake and presents. The only problem was, since it was Wednesday me and the kids would be at church and Ed was planning on working late then going to church to play basketball. Gunner would be in bed before Ed came home. So I called Ed and told him Gunner had made a cake for him and was going to be very disappointed if he didn't get to share it with him so we decided to celebrate at church. I felt like a major dork hauling in presents and a cake. Even a bigger dork when I pulled out the lighter and lit the 24 candles for Ed's 37th birthday. But to see Gunner's face made it worth it. We shared our cake with the Clarks and the Vincents and had our self a little party in the middle of the gym. I thought taking pictures would just be over the top so there are no pics to share!
The Wii Fit is still in the box. Ed hasn't had the energy to get it out. I told him I was no expert on exercise but I had heard that you gained energy by working out!
We watched Toy Story as a family last night. Gunner's still a little young and for a little boy who usually takes handfuls of toys to bed took very few last night. I really think it freaked him out!

No comments: