Thursday, May 20, 2010

Call to Action 1

I've been thinking about the Beth Moore simulcast more since my last post and have decided to walk through each call to action and link it up with my journey. Really as a test to myself to see if in fact I made spiritual progress.

1. Treasure the wonder--oh how I need to do this. Continue to create a hunger in my heart for your word.

This is really a call to love the Word of God. I can say that I love the Word of God. In the past 2 years I have spent more time actually digging into the word of God than I have in my life. With that said, I still neglect the Word more days than I care to admit. It breaks my heart when I really sit and think of that neglect. What lie am I listening to that could be replaced with truth if only I would more consistently treasure the wonder of God (the Word of God).

That being said as it relates to my journey with miscarriage I have a verse from each that I thought I would share.


First Miscarriage (June 2007) Verse
Psalm 56:8
You've kept track of my every toss and turn through the sleepless nights,
Each tear entered in your ledger, each ache written in your book.

Second Miscarriage (Dec 2009) Verse
John 9:3
"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened
so that the work of God might be displayed in his life."

There are many other verses but these two speak the truth that God revealed to me in the midst of each miscarriage.

Treasure the Wonder...Treasure the Word

2 comments:

bristle family said...

Kathy, thank you for sharing these verses and how they have helped you through your journey. It helps me so much to read verses like this during our journey through grief. I'm looking forward to your future posts!

Love,
Michelle

Giles Family said...

Wow Kathy, those are great verses. They are intimate words that the Lord made alive in you through two times of sorrow. Thank you for having the courage to share that intimate part of your life with us.