Monday, March 8, 2010

Rylee speaks

Photo credit...taken my the amazing Sarah Lundin



I've been able to post lots of fun things that Gunner has said recently on my facebook status. Just a recap...

Kathy McClellan Hitchcock said "Gunner this is your one and only warning to do what I asked you to do." Gunner replied "Mommy, God gave his one and only son!"


Kathy McClellan Hitchcock Mommy it was just an accident when I picked my sister up and threw her head first on the ground. Oh my...

Kathy McClellan Hitchcock
as Gunner is sitting on the couch awaiting his punishment Rylee goes looking for him. She can hardly stand to be away from him. I hear him say to her "I'm sorry, do you forgive me?" now he asking her if she understands and making her say "Yes Gunner"
Seriously...
Fri at 4:14pm

Kathy McClellan Hitchcock After Gunner completely pulls Rylee's feet out from under her he says, "Oh sorry BabyRylee. I'm an expert knocker downer. I thought you were a bad baby. Sorry." No tears from Rylee, she must be an expert faller downer!

We have been surprised at Rylee throughout her little life. Surprised that she started so big (8lb 8oz) and has stayed so small even though she eats more than Gunner and has since she was 9 months old and would only eat table food! Surprised that she loves Gunner as much as she does and rarely cries when he is rough with her, which is pretty much all the time. Surprised that she has been slower developmentally than Gunner on everything but rolling over (and eating table food), she rolled over at 1 month! Surprised that she is not talking like Gunner did. Now I know we are not suppose to compare our kids and I'm not really comparing to make one out to be better than the other, I'm just saying that Gunner was our normal. So when Gunner was 17 months he was capable and did on occasion talk in complete sentences. His first sentence was "we go outside and play some basketball." He was 16 or 17 months old when he said that. We have it on video and it is the cutest thing!

Rylee has lots of words and probably signs more than Gunner did but she doesn't talk like he did. However, there is very little doubt of what she wants. She is able to shake her head yes or no to answer just about any question, and has added the uhuh and unthuh which I personally get a kick out of.

She says: Momma, Daddy, Nunner, Brocco, PawPaw, MomMaw, mulk (milk), dink (drink), eat, outside, thank you, no, yes (it doesn't sound exactly like yes but that's what she is saying), rock (as in rocking chair).
I'm sure she says a lot more but right now I can't think of anything else so for now this is the list ;-)

She signs: please, more, again, thank you (occasionally when we are singing but usually she just says it)

Today when I was putting her down for a nap she spoke. It was very unexpected because we were doing her normal bedtime routine, reading books and singing and in the middle of my singing she sat up and said "NO." I kept singing assuming that she surely wasn't telling me not to sing. A few seconds later she said in a loud deep raspy voice "NO." At this point I decided she might be telling me not to sing. I asked her if she wanted me to sing. My question was followed with a clear "unt-hun" from her. So to bed with she went. I know I'm not the best singer but wow I have to admit it hurt my feelings just a bit. I love to rock her and today my time was cut short. Good thing we get to do it again tomorrow!

No comments: