Friday, January 29, 2010

A story of hope--Before the Morning

The day of my D&C I was on Facebook and watched a video that told the story of Josh Wilson's song Before the Morning. I don't claim to be a Facebook wiz or anything but I would not call myself a novice. But the weird thing was I saw the video in my news feed one moment and then it was gone--seriously I could not find it. I emailed Becca and Josh to tell them how much the video had ministered to me and told them that after I watched it it was now gone. Did God mean that just for me? A couple of days later I found it again so I wanted to share. I don't know what happened. I think God just might have done some Facebook God stuff and popped this video in my news feed just for me!

At any rate, the day of my D&C I watched this video and wept. It spoke great encouragement to me. There are so many lines that touched me. But one that was so powerful was "If we trust God with our eternity we've got to trust him with our now". Well at the time I needed to hear that so much. That was exactly where I was--asking myself if I was going to trust God with this miscarriage and the future He has planned for our family. I needed to be reminded that I could trust God.

So where ever you are, what ever you are facing right now, watch this video and allow God to speak to you in your circumstance or in your struggle. I am overwhelmed at God's tenderness with me. He is daily making Himself real to me in this road I am walking. I pray that he will do the same for each of you.
Josh Wilson, Before the Morning

1 comment:

bristle family said...

I just love to hear how God reveals Himself to us....in big ways and in small ways. He takes care of every detail, doesn't He? Kathy, thank you for sharing that. I pray the Lord will continue to speak to you in ways that bring you and your family peace. Love you, Michelle