Monday, September 21, 2009

Camping in the backyard

Friday night Ed and Gunner went camping in the back yard. They had so much fun setting the tent up, getting their sleeping gear together, and eating in the tent. I surprised them with rice krispy treats and glow stick necklaces. Rylee joined in for rice krispy treats but didn't get the chance to sleep in the tent. Ed and Gunner watched shows on Ed's iphone and then drifted off to sleep until Gunner decided he was cold which was about 3:30 am. Ed and Gunner came in and crawled into Gunner's bed. The problem was that I heard Gunner but not Ed so I decided to see if he was still asleep in the tent (he is a heavy sleeper so it was possible). I went down stairs and found that the back door was locked. Then I started to chuckle at the thought of Ed being locked out in the middle of the night. I really really didn't want to go outside and check the tent. So I didn't...but I did check Gunner's bed and found the two of them snuggled up like two peas in a pod.

I love the picture of them making silly faces together. They made the exact same silly face!




2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh I LOVE it! I laughed out loud about the pictures of the funny faces! What a good daddy!

Giles Family said...

Oh how fun!!! We're getting our tent out this weekend too! Don't know if chris and madeline will practice sleeping in it but that's a great idea :)