Sunday, May 24, 2009

Legoland

OK I am so far behind on blogging that I thought I would just start with the most exciting thing that has happened lately and go with it. Catching up at this point is, well...pointless!
So we took our first real family vacation to San Diego a couple of weeks ago and had a blast!
Yes, that's right the 4 of us flew to San Diego and stayed a week. We went to Legoland (for 3 days), the Sea Life Aquarium that is attached to Legoland (but you have to pay extra to enter), and Sea World. We also swam in the pool, picked strawberries, and shopped just a little.
Legoland is awesome for kids Gunner's ago up to probably 6 or so. There are only 2 roller coasters so most rides were suitable for his age and he had a blast. So people have said "really 3 days? Was there that much to do?" Not necessarily but Gunner is all about repetition and he was in heaven going to Legoland day after day. He would have again and again. He would ask us each night if he got to go to Legoland the next day.
Here are some fun pics.









5 comments:

Giles Family said...

Kathy! These ARE fun posts! I love the picture of you and Gunner at the end. So so sweet!

Al's World said...

LOVE THE PICS!! I don't know what is cuter, you and Gunner at the end or Ed having has much fun as Gunner!

Becki Francy said...

That looks like so much fun. You need to help me get over my psycho thinking that I can't take Greyson on a trip because of his naps.

Laura said...

Yeah for fun family trips! I am trying to plan one for us....I have my eyes on Great Wolf Lodge....

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

Kathy Hitchcock said...

I understand the nap thing--I was more concerned about Gunner missing naps than Rylee but he did great even without naps. My suggestion--go somewhere that your hotel is within walking distance to your main attraction. That way you and Greyson can sneak back to the room and catch a nap. We also went ahead and spent the extra money to stay in a 2 bedroom condo so that Gunner would have his own room to sleep in and we won't have to go to bed based on his schedule. We got a crib at the hotel and Rylee slept in our room. Again, we could put her to bed and not have to go to bed just because she was down.

Great Wolf Lodge is awesome. My sister lives in the D/FW are area and has invited us to go with her several times for birthday weekends! It would be a great place to go is naps are still necessary.

The bottom line is we were not on our schedule (as loose as it may be) but we knew we were going to be off and expected to deal with some of the behavior issues that come with it. The other thing is that Gunner was in heaven with mom and dad together and getting to do fun things that he wanted to do so he actually did better than expected.

I feel like fun trips (big or small) are important. If you don't start now...when will you? I know Gunner probably won't remember this trip forever but we decided now was as good a time to start as any. Gunner would have been just as happy going to OKC, spending the week in a hotel, doing Frontier City and swimming. The point is just spending time together.

As you can imagine I have a ton of other pics but just grabbed a few. I'll add more later.