Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day {2012} a walk down memory lane

Mother's Day...such a world wind of emotions and memories.

I remember being pregnant with Gunner on Mother's Day (2005).

I remember my 1st Mother's Day (2006) with Gunner in my arms. I'm pretty sure I was the proudest momma ever.

I remember my 2nd Mother's Day (2007) with Gunner and anticipating adding baby #2 near Gunner's second birthday in December. It was about as good as it could get! Baby #2 who we named Baby Rose went to be with Jesus in June 2007. We will never hold Baby Rose here on earth but we have eternity to look forward with her.

I remember my 3rd Mother's Day (2008) with Rylee growing safely in my tummy. It was a fun Mother's Day. I thought of Baby Rose and how much she had changed me. I was fearful of loosing Rylee.


I remember my 4th Mother's Day (2009) with Gunner and Rylee. What a perfect day...I thought of Baby Rose and how I longed to see her. I remember how thankful I was that Rylee was safely in my arms (that and we were in San Diego having the time of our lives!).

I remember my 5th Mother's Day (2010). Our second loss had just happened the previous December. I was broken but I remember God blessing me with the gift of song that morning in church. God knew my heart was broken. He was mending it for me.

I remember my 6th Mother's Day (2011). We had experienced a quick pregnancy and loss in the middle of the crazy snow storms in late January. My pain was fresh. I loved celebrating with my earthly babies but my thoughts often drifted to my 3 sweet babies who have lived all their days with our Heavenly Father.

I will always remember my 7th Mother's Day (2012). Not only did Gunner and Rylee get super excited about celebrating Mother's Day (and go all out raiding the house to give me special Mother's Day gifts all on their own) but Ed got me a bracelet that celebrates all 6 of our babies! We now have 4 precious ones who will welcome us into heaven one day. We experienced another loss in the summer of 2011 which continues to change my view of eternity. One day there will be a reunion for me and our sweets...one day.

Once again on this Mother's Day (2012) God showed his great love for me on a day that is always a full on time of reflection for me. A couple of weeks ago we received 5 caterpillars in the mail that I had purchase with a Groupon. We only had 4 that changed into chrysalides. We've had them hanging in their habitat waiting for them to emerge as butterflies. Saturday we had 1 butterfly. It was an exciting day. The other 2 had emerged sometime through the night or while we were at church on Sunday. As I was making dinner Sunday night, I noticed the 4th was emerging. We all got around the habitat and watched as the 4th butterfly emerged. That's right on Mother's Day God gave me the gift of 4 beautiful butterflies to remember those 4 sweet Hitchcock babies!

Ps 119:49-50
Remember your promise to me; it is my only hope. Your promise revives me; it comforts me in all my troubles

I am thankful for a Heavenly Father who remembers his promises to me. One who says that he will never leave me or forsake me. One who offers my future and hope. One who comforts me when I am broken hearted. One who lavishes his love on me.

Mother's Day can begin such a whirl wind of emotions. I understand the hurt and pain of motherhood. I am getting more of a glimpse of how deep and wide and long the Father's love is for me in a way that I could never experience without that pain.

No comments: