Sunday, May 1, 2011

Play Dough

This is somewhat random but I thought I would post the homemade play dough recipe that I use. It's great to use for Sunday School class, BSF, or just fun at home with the kids. I am delivering a meal to a family tonight that just welcomed a new baby to their family and put together some play dough for the older siblings. (I've never done that before but was inspired today for some reason--could be the cloudy day is making me think of fun things to do with kids indoors!)

Bring to boil:
2 cups water
Food coloring of your choice
3 tablespoons vegetable oil

Mix together separately in large bowl:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon powdered alum (can be found with the spices at WalMart)
1/2 cup salt

Pour boiling water mixture over flour mixture. Mix, cool slightly, and knead well. Store in airtight container or plastic bag. It will keep for a long time.

No comments: