Friday, February 4, 2011

Short Order Cook and The Menu

***woohoo...for once I uploaded my pictures in the order I wanted them!***

With the blizzard of 2011 we are hunkered down in the house waiting for the thaw. Yesterday I decided to try to have some fun with lunch. Afterall, we have to eat so why not make if fun. I made a menu for the kids and let them choose what they had for lunch. I was the "cook" or "worker" and the kids were my customers. Gunner was into it! At one point he came to me and asked if there was a bathroom in this place. I told him "yes, just past the stairs to your right." After I made my lunch (yes the 3rd lunch of the day) I sat down at the table and Gunner told me I was a worker and was not suppose to eat with them!

Gunner was not so thrilled when he could not order his dinner and was forced to eat what I made for me and Ed. But this morning I added breakfast to the menu so all is well again. Ed asked if this was my idea...not sure. It seems like maybe someone else told me about doing this but I cannot recall who. So if it was your idea let me know...I'm happy to give credit where credit it due!


Rylee checking out the menu...so many choices!



Gunner is making suggestions to Rylee.


Rylee is making her own choices!


The Menu!


Gunner busted out the piggy bank to pay for the meal!


Gunner's dessert...square crackers and round crackers.
And just so no one thinks I brain wash my kids into eating crackers instead of cookies...the "round" crackers have cinnamon and sugar on them and the square crackers...well they turn into sugar once they are consumed!


Rylee is having dessert envy...she picked go-gurt but wants what Gunner has!
Another example of giving a 2 year old too many choices going bad!


Drama!


Now she is all smiles...after finishing her go-gurt she ordered circle and square crackers!

No comments: