Monday, March 29, 2010

Abundant Thinking VS Small (Grinch) Thinking

"The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.
I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."
Jesus (John 10:10)

In our Life Group last night we were presented with the idea of being an Abundant Thinker verses a Small or Grinch Thinker. By just reading those to descriptions you automatically know which you should be but what does that look like? How exactly do you accomplish that?

As Ed and I drove home last night I was telling him about my opportunity to speak to the women of our church about our journey with miscarriage. I'm not sure I always think abundantly. Actually I know many times I get trapped in small thinking. But for sure in this area I am confident that God has given me a message. I am thinking abundantly of what he wants to accomplish through my journey. The deal is that if I don't share it, if I don't use my voice I can never go from thinking abundantly to living abundantly. Thinking abundantly is the start for sure, now it takes action.

What is my message? Its complex with great emotion and great pain. However, its a simple way to change our thinking. God values life. As Christians we get very emotional about being pro-life and protecting the unborn. We must come to a point where we grieve with families who have a loss from miscarriage as passionately as we stand for the right for life. If we do not we will continue to send a mixed message to the world that we value life when a mother is making a choice to end it but we will ignore the hurt and pain women feel when they do not have a choice and that life is ended through miscarriage.


With God's power working in us,
God can do much, much more
than anything we can ask or imagine.
To him be glory in the church
and in Christ Jesus for all time,
forever and ever. Amen.
Ephesians 3:20-21

1 comment:

The Doula said...

Thank you, Kathy, for so poignantly speaking these unspoken words that have been stirring in my heart since my own miscarriage. I pray that this message will be revealed through the new website!
Sisters in Faith, Heidi