Monday, September 28, 2009

1st 2009 Trip to the Pumpkin Patch


Gunner LOVES the Pumpkin Patch. His first trip was when he was 10 months old and I wanted to get to cutest pumpkin pactch pics ever. I will try to dig them up. They were pretty darn cute, but I already knew he did not like his picture taken so they were not near what I had imagined. But despite the less than desired pics, it has become a tradition that Gunner has taken ownership in.

He has gone every year several times. I didn't make it to the pumpkin patch last year because I was 'well with child' and then a new mommy trying to adjust. Daddy took him which is way cooler anyway. He cries and cries when the pumpkin patch goes away. He doesn't understand seasonal events yet. He thinks it should be a year around thing. Why would you want to close something that is so much fun?

Well, this year we had been counting the days to Friday September 25th when the pumpkin patch would open. We made frequent drive bys to see if it was open even though it wasn't Friday September 25th. Finally Friday September 25th rolled around and Gunner had a really really bad afternoon and I could not take him to the pumpkin patch. His little heart was broken (and so was mine--I wanted to get out of the house but I could tell that it would be a disaster if we went so the opportunity was taken away from him). So Saturday morning Gunner got a second chance. Off to the pumpkin patch we went.

Gunner loved it, no surprise there! He claimed his very own tractor and struggled to ride it in the tall grass and the gravel (neither worked out too well for him). He slid on the big slide and played with sister in the play houses. He has asked over and over and over if we could go to the pumpkin patch again. Soon baby soon...


Rylee loved it too. She had her own tractor to ride and was amused watching Gunner run and play. She is trying to get in on the action but the ground was still a little wet so she was confined to the stroller most of the time.













4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love, love, love the pictures! Your kiddos are too darn cute!!

Giles Family said...

FUN! I'm guessing these were taken at Pumpkin Town. I'm super excited that it's right down the street from us now. Maybe we can take a trip over there together one of these days :) Love you, neighbor!

Laura said...

Yeah for pumpkin town! We love that place too! The pics of the kids are so cute...thanks for sharing...and for reminding me it's time to go over there!

Have a good week!

Becki Francy said...

WHAT? It is already open? Where have I been? I love the pics....Sister seems to lover her some pumpkin town!