Sunday, January 4, 2009

Poop presents

A couple of weeks after Rylee was born Ed and I decided it was time to get serious about potty training. Ed and I had differing opinions on the method but we agreed on the outcome we were trying to attain. Ed thought we should give presents daily. I felt like it was a little overboard. After a heated discussion it was decided that Ed's plan was the way to go. All that is beside the point except to say that Ed's method seems to have brought success. Gunner has been wearing big boy pants for several weeks now and has had very few accidents. Well, I ran out of .88 items to buy at Walmart so I just quit buying them. Thus we had no presents. Gunner continued to poop and mentioned presents when he was on the potty but quickly forgot by the time he pulled up his pants, flushed, shut the lid and washed his hands.
Saturday Gunner and Ed were running around together and out of the blue Gunner said 'Daddy we need to go get my presents. Remember I pooped and we didn't have any presents. Remember Daddy I pooped in the potty and made you and Mommy so happy.' Gunner got another present, imagine that!

Gunner has also had a few other moments the past few days:

After being put in time out on the couch and told by Ed to 'think about' what he had done, Gunner puts his hand to his chin and says 'hum'.

As we were walking downstairs one morning after the holidays Gunner says 'Mommy we can't play or ride bikes without Daddy'. That was a boring day for us!

While watching Elf as they are singing Santa Clause Is Coming To Town, Gunner sings loud for all to hear 'Santa Clause is coming to my house!'

1 comment:

Giles Family said...

Ed had a parenting idea that worked!! That's awesome and I hope you hid your surprise :) Haha! If he reads this post - I love you Ed :)